Pool and Spa - Service & Maintenance
Providing proper care for your pool requires a person who will provide consistent attention to the little details. Pools are rather unforgiving if you let up on any area of the pool's needed maintenance. Birchmore Pool and Spa has a staff of service technicians who are trained in all areas of pool and spa care. We service and maintain any brand of spa and any type of pool. We offer all levels of maintenance, from one time only to regular weekly maintenance of pools. After all, your pool is a big investment, and is for your enjoyment! Let us do the work for you!
Level 1: Test water chemistry and make adjustments as needed.
Level 2: Test water chemistry and make adjustments as needed; empty skimmers; net surface; service the poolsweep; clean the bottom; brush the seats, steps, and walls; net debris off the surface; empty traps; backwash (if needed); and check for leaks. Can be scheduled weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, one time only, or as needed.
Pool Seasonal Maintenance - Pool equipment requires more in-depth maintenance on a periodic basis. These are preventative maintenance items that help to extend the life of the equipment and insure dependable operation.
- Pool Filter: DE filters - disassemble and manually clean every six months; sand filters - change the sand every 3-5 years; cartridge filters - replace the cartridges every 3-5 years.
- Backwash Valve - Disassemble and lubricate the seals on the valve with silicone based lubricant. This will help them operate smoothly and avoid premature wear and tear.
- Valves - Make sure the valves operate smoothly and fairly easily. Some valves can be disassembled and lubricated. The newer never-lube style valves should not be lubricated.
- Heater - Clean debris out of the heater and make sure it operates properly.
- Poolsweep - Check for wear and replace worn items as needed.
- Salt System - Remove the cell and inspect for scale. Lightly acid wash if needed.
- Electronic Control Systems - Replace the backup battery once each year.
- Freeze Protector - Test the sensor with ice to make sure it turns the equipment on.
Test water chemistry, empty skimmers, net surface, add winter chemicals with special winter algaecide, drain water lines, check for leaks, cover pool. Your pool will sleep well over the winter. Do you need a new cover? We can get any type cover for in-ground or above-ground pools, includingÂ winter covers, solar blankets, and Loop-Loc safety covers to keep children and pets from falling in.
Remove cover, test water, balance water with chemicals based on its requirements, clean pool, clean skimmers, start filter and heater, and change sand in sand filter, if necessary. Your pool will be sparking and ready for swimming!
Pool & Spa Repairs and Renovations
Birchmore's can service any type of pool or brand of spa. A service technician will diagnose the problem, prepare an estimate, and either make the repairs or schedule a time convenient to you. Technicians carry a supply of the most frequently needed parts on their trucks, but in the event that a part needs to be ordered, we will order the part and schedule the next repair visit. Birchmore's can repair filters, heaters, Polaris, and other types of automatic cleaners. We can find and repair leaks, and repair and replace decking. If your pool liner is in need of replacement, we will measure your pool and install a new liner for a perfect fit.
Drain spa, clean spa, clean filters, refill, balance water with chemicals, replace filters, clean cover. Spas should be drained and cleaned regularly to ensure proper sanitization; depending on usage, this should be every 3-4 months. We will make it a painless process for you. By the way, if you are spending a lot of money on repairs, it might be time to trade in your old spa for a new Sundance Spa. Birchmore Pool and Spa is the local Sundance dealer. Sundance spas are the best on the market. Check out the models in our spa section..